Facilities Maintenance - Janitorial, Immediate Hire
Type of Job
April 28, 2021, 4:00:00 PM
About the job
Neighborhood House, Inc. is looking for a Full-Time Skilled Maintenance and Janitorial Worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
MAINTENANCE ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Duties may include: making routine plumbing repairs (example: repairing leaks, unplugging toilets and drains, etc.)
· Replacing light bulbs and fluorescent lights, and making electrical related repairs (example: replacing electrical receptacles, etc.)
· Performing routine carpentry work (example: minor paint jobs, installing doors, door stops, cabinet doors, tile, adjustable shelving, setting forms for concrete, etc.)
· Performing preventive maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems (example: replacing evaporative cooler pads, belts, pumps, air filters, etc.)
· Making roof repairs; installing glass, screens, refrigerators, and ranges; making minor grounds and landscape irrigation repairs; installing forms and header boards
· Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
JANITORIAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
· Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
· Cleaning and stock restrooms.
· Ensure doors are locked after hours.
· Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
· Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
· Collect and dispose of trash.
· Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
· Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
· Work with a contract cleaning service when necessary
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Related degree from a technical college
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines.
· Proven maintenance experience.
· Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
· Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
· Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
· Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
· Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
· Experience performing routine maintenance.
· Strong organizational and follow up skills.
· Eye for detail.
· Professional presentation and attitude.
· Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
· Strong time management skills.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT and SOFTWARE:
· Computer with internet and email capabilities, telephone skills, facsimile and photocopier knowledge. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
NHI pays for Certifications
Employee Discount Program
Neighborhood House, Inc. is a multi-purpose non-profit community center located in South Wilmington and Middletown. Founded in 1927, on a foundation of Christian principles, Neighborhood House provides transformational programs that positively impacts low to moderate income individuals, families and communities.
1218 B St, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA