Early Learning Center Substitute Teacher
Type of Job
April 28, 2021, 5:30:00 PM
About the job
Under the general supervision of the Program Director and classroom staff, helps to conduct the educational program of the Early Learning Center (ELC). The principal emphasis is on providing support to the classroom teachers in implementing an educational program
· Assist with classroom management;
· Assist in ensuring program compliance with state licensing requirements, Early Head Start Performance Standards
· Follow health and safety policies and practice universal precautions and infection control;
· Practice confidentiality in all matters related to staff and families as well as proprietary information regarding the operation of the ELC;
· Comply with ELC Departmental Policies;
· Participates in ELC staff meetings, in-service training, and parent/guardian conferences;
· Maintain materials and equipment for ELC;
· Perform other related duties like cleaning and file work as required.
Education, Experience and Abilities:
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma (or GED) and TECE 1 and 2 or some ECE college courses and six months experience working with children
Requires basic computer skills, basic math, reading and written language skills, demonstrated human relations skills.
Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
Requires compliance with Delacare regulations including applicable laws and regulations. Successful completion of criminal background check, child protection and adult abuse registry checks, health examination and TB test. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Employee Discount Program
Neighborhood House, Inc. is a multi-purpose non-profit community center with locations in South Wilmington and Middletown, Delaware. Founded in 1927, the center promotes community engagement and development. Our mission is to provide programs that educate, enlighten and empower people to improve their lives. This is accomplished by offering comprehensive services that include a Five Star Early Learning Center, Family Services and Crisis Alleviation, year-round Youth Development Programs, Comprehensive Housing Counseling that includes credit building and first time home buyer's support and foreclosure counseling. Our newest service to the community is The Neighborhood Empowerment Center (NEC) where we facilitate workforce development programs, credit building workshops and teach a variety of computer skills.
1218 B St, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA